Sales topics and agendas to motivate your team
Sales meetings are essential for any sales operation, but too often they are seen more as a necessary evil than an opportunity to improve.
By effectively planning and setting team meeting agendas, your discussions will be more productive. Your reps will be excited and ready to contribute to your sales meetings as a result.
In this definitive guide, you’ll learn exactly how to plan and prepare effective team meetings that drive strategic results. We’ll show you how to prepare sales team meeting agendas that:
- Motivate your team
- Yield productive insights
- Generate new ideas
- Get your reps to contribute to your sales process
- Improve your sales forecasting
Planning and preparing effective sales meeting agendas
Before planning a sales meeting, consider whether it’s necessary and meaningful. If a meeting is unnecessary, consider reaching out on Slack or Zoom for one-on-one chats or quick calls. Mark Hunter of The Sales Hunter highlights the importance of clear objectives, a clear agenda, and avoiding too many people in the room. Research shows that the frequency of meetings has increased since the start of the pandemic, leading to increased reports of burnout. To create meaningful meetings, follow these principles:
1. Use standardized agendas: Create “recurring” agendas as templates to help attendees know what to expect.
2. Provide value: Every meeting should provide value to the team, such as training or customer feedback.
3. Encourage team participation: Generate buy-in by setting expectations before the meeting and encouraging interaction throughout the meeting.
4. Be consistent: Ensure recurring meetings are held on the same day, week, and time of the day to build a rhythm and set expectations for team members. This will make life easier and make it easier to motivate your team.
Partner with Us
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have and help you determine which of our services best fit your needs.
What happens next?
We Schedule a call at your convenience
We do a discovery and consulting meeting
We prepare a proposal or quote